Practice coding with R. Explore common R programming challenges, and then compare the results with other programming languages in the Code Clinic series.
- [Mark] Hello and welcome to Code Clinic for R. My name is Mark Niemann-Ross and I'm really looking forward to showing you my solutions for the challenges proposed to the Code Clinic authors. In this series, we'll explore creative and efficient ways to use R to solve a range of problems. I'll describe some of the unique aspects of working with R and offer suggestions on how to improve your code. If you are new to programming or if you are a seasoned programmer, this series of videos will be beneficial to you showing you to effectively use the R programming language in real-world situations.
After watching each solution, you will come away with patterns for writing R programs as well as reusable code that you can use in your own projects. If you search our library for Code Clinic, you'll find additional courses by different authors using other languages. Each Code Clinic author solves the exact same set of problems so you can compare different solutions as well as the pros and cons of each language. If you're wanting to learn to program, if you're looking for tips on better coding, or if you're trying to decide on your next new programming language, you're going to love Code Clinic.
So, let's get started with Code Clinic for R.
- Identify when to use the vector model.
- Describe how to efficiently store results.
- Explain the functionality TCL/TK provides.
- Summarize dashboard solutions.
- Cite the role of the Shiny Server.
- Name the package containing Date Intervals.