- [Martin] Hi, I'm Martin John Hadley. I work as a data visualization specialist, where I use HTML widgets to rapidly create, and design rich interactive data visualizations in R. In this course, I'll show you a range of different HTML widget libraries, and how they can be used to create the following charts. Interactive bar charts, including both grouped, and stacked bar charts. Interactive maps, including scattered geo plots, choropleth, and more, as well as interactive network or graph visualizations.
We'll cover how to customize your visualizations with legends and tool tips, and even how to extract click information from your charts within Shiny apps. Okay, let's go.
Start by learning to manage packages and structure data for visualizations with the tidyverse and the pipe operator. Then there is an important question: Which library should you choose? The course introduces five popular options: Leaflet, Plotly, Highcharter, visNetwork, and DataTables (DT). Instructor Martin Hadley shows how to use these libraries to create scattergeo, choropleth, and geolines maps; stacked bar charts, scatter charts, bubble charts, and heat maps; treemaps and time series charts; interactive networks and graphs; and responsive, interactive data tables. Plus, learn how to customize your visualizations with legends and tooltips, and extract click information for Shiny apps.
- Installing htmlwidgets
- Selecting the best htmlwidget
- Creating interactive maps with Leaflet
- Creating interactive charts with Plotly and Highcharter
- Creating interactive networks with visNetwork
- Creating interactive tables with DT
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Interactive Presentations with Shiny and Rwith Martin Hadley1h 53m Intermediate
Data Visualization Tips and Trickswith Matt Francis2h 14m Intermediate
DC.js for Data Science Essential Trainingwith Emma Saunders5h 3m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with htmlwidgets
2. Creating Interactive Maps with Leaflet
3. Creating Interactive Charts with Plotly
4. Creating Interactive Charts with Highcharter
5. Creating Interactive Networks with visNetwork
6. Creating Interactive Tables
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.