Explore solutions to common R programming challenges, and then compare the results with other programming languages in the Code Clinic series.
- Hello, and welcome to Code Clinic for R. My name is Mark Niemann-Ross and I'm excited to show you my solutions for the challenges proposed to the Code Clinic authors. In this series, we'll explore creative and efficient ways to use R to solve a range of problems. I'll describe some of the unique features of this language and show you some tips on how to make your code run faster and be more reliable, as well as pointers on making it more readable.
So, let's get started with Code Clinic for R.
Mark introduces challenges and then provides an overview of his solutions in R. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: R Studio tells me that it can't find files I expect to be available. Where can I find them?
A: Use the setwd() command to set the working directory to match the folder you're working in.
Q: I am unable to access the Lake Pend Oreille data from outside the U.S.
A: A static copy of this data is provided here for lynda.com members outside of the U.S.
R Statistics Essential Trainingwith Barton Poulson5h 59m Intermediate
1. Problem One: Statistical Analysis
2. Problem Two: Image Analysis
3. Problem Three: Eight Queens
4. Accessing Peripherals
5. Recursion and Directories
Walking the directory sort code10m 56s
6. Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.