Join Mark Niemann-Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Walking the code of a failed attempt, part of Code Clinic: R (2015).
- Now everything doesn't always work the first time,…and let's take a look at a failed attempt…that I had to go back and fix.…So I've opened up getpendoreille_unfactored.R…and let's take a quick look at this,…much of this we've already seen in the factored version…we just talked about, but we can scroll through…and see some of the changes and things…that I did originally that didn't work, later on.…So you'll see in line 1,…once again we have a function declaration.…7,8,9,10,11,and 12, again we're just checking…input for validity and we talked quite a bit about that.…
Line 15, is checking to make sure that…any data we're asking for is actually available.…Line 19, makes sure that what ever data we're asking for…isn't in the future,…because we don't have data that doesn't exist yet.…Now on line 24, you'll see a comment that says…now I'm confident that the input is usable…and you'll remember that exact line…from the previous functions.…So let's scroll down a little bit to what I did change here.…So line 38 starts the part of code that I factored out…
Mark introduces challenges and then provides an overview of his solutions in R. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: R Studio tells me that it can't find files I expect to be available. Where can I find them?
A: Use the setwd() command to set the working directory to match the folder you're working in.
Q: I am unable to access the Lake Pend Oreille data from outside the U.S.
A: A static copy of this data is provided here for lynda.com members outside of the U.S.
R Statistics Essential Trainingwith Barton Poulson5h 59m Intermediate
1. Problem One: Statistical Analysis
2. Problem Two: Image Analysis
3. Problem Three: Eight Queens
4. Accessing Peripherals
5. Recursion and Directories
Walking the directory sort code10m 56s
6. Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.