Join Martin John Hadley for an in-depth discussion in this video Use visNetwork with igraph, part of R: Interactive Visualizations with htmlwidgets.
- [Instructor] visNetwork is an excellent tool…for creating interactive network diagrams.…It's built on top of the vis.js library,…which really excels in this area.…But it's not a tool for analyzing graphs.…That's where igraph comes in.…igraph is an extremely powerful toolkit…for social network analysis and graph theory.…igraph is a library made available to both…R and Python users through dedicated packages.…The igraph package operates on objects…of the class igraph,…which are very easy to create…and provide a consistent approach…to graph analytical problems.…
These objects can then be given directly to visNetwork.…I'm going to demonstrate why the igraph library's…so useful and worth investing your time in.…Let's go to our exercise files in our studio.…Okay, so let's open up our file, igraph and visNetwork.R.…I'm going to minimize my environment…because I don't need it for these exercises.…At the top of the script file,…we load the tidyverse library, with command, enter.…This loads the standard libraries…from the tidyverse ecosystem.…
AuthorMartin John Hadley
Start by learning to manage packages and structure data for visualizations with the tidyverse and the pipe operator. Then there is an important question: Which library should you choose? The course introduces five popular options: Leaflet, Plotly, Highcharter, visNetwork, and DataTables (DT). Instructor Martin Hadley shows how to use these libraries to create scattergeo, choropleth, and geolines maps; stacked bar charts, scatter charts, bubble charts, and heat maps; treemaps and time series charts; interactive networks and graphs; and responsive, interactive data tables. Plus, learn how to customize your visualizations with legends and tooltips, and extract click information for Shiny apps.
- Installing htmlwidgets
- Selecting the best htmlwidget
- Creating interactive maps with Leaflet
- Creating interactive charts with Plotly and Highcharter
- Creating interactive networks with visNetwork
- Creating interactive tables with DT
Skill Level Intermediate
Data Visualization Tips and Trickswith Matt Francis2h 14m Intermediate
DC.js for Data Science Essential Trainingwith Emma Saunders5h 3m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with htmlwidgets
2. Creating Interactive Maps with Leaflet
3. Creating Interactive Charts with Plotly
4. Creating Interactive Charts with Highcharter
5. Creating Interactive Networks with visNetwork
6. Creating Interactive Tables
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.