htmlwidgets are typically designed to work with the pipe operator. The pipe operator makes it simple to combine expressions.
- [Instructor] All of the most widely used…htmlwidget packages depend on the pipe operator.…This thing, percentage, greater than, percentage…or if you prefer, percentage,…right angle bracket, percentage.…It's really important that you're…comfortable in using the pipe operator…in order to start with htmlwidgets.…Let's demonstrate how the pipe operator works…with one of my favorite libraries, leaflet.…I'll make sure you're comfortable…in understanding how these two cojuncts…are completely equivalent to one another.…
To do that, let's go to my exercise files.…Inside of here is a file called leaflet dot R.…Let's open that up.…Let's decrease the size my environment…because I don't need it for this exercise.…I also don't need my file explorer…so I'll double click on console to maximize that.…Now, at the top of the script file,…I have library leaflet.…I don't currently have the leaflet library installed…so let's install that in our console…by typing install dot packages.…Open a quotation and type leaflet.…
I'll hit enter.…
Start by learning to manage packages and structure data for visualizations with the tidyverse and the pipe operator. Then there is an important question: Which library should you choose? The course introduces five popular options: Leaflet, Plotly, Highcharter, visNetwork, and DataTables (DT). Instructor Martin Hadley shows how to use these libraries to create scattergeo, choropleth, and geolines maps; stacked bar charts, scatter charts, bubble charts, and heat maps; treemaps and time series charts; interactive networks and graphs; and responsive, interactive data tables. Plus, learn how to customize your visualizations with legends and tooltips, and extract click information for Shiny apps.
- Installing htmlwidgets
- Selecting the best htmlwidget
- Creating interactive maps with Leaflet
- Creating interactive charts with Plotly and Highcharter
- Creating interactive networks with visNetwork
- Creating interactive tables with DT
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Interactive Presentations with Shiny and Rwith Martin Hadley1h 53m Intermediate
Data Visualization Tips and Trickswith Matt Francis2h 14m Intermediate
DC.js for Data Science Essential Trainingwith Emma Saunders5h 3m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with htmlwidgets
2. Creating Interactive Maps with Leaflet
3. Creating Interactive Charts with Plotly
4. Creating Interactive Charts with Highcharter
5. Creating Interactive Networks with visNetwork
6. Creating Interactive Tables
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.