Join Mark Niemann-Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the LakePendOreilleData class, part of Code Clinic: R.
- I mentioned that I would like to step…through the class defining LakePendOreilleData.…Let's go ahead and do that right now.…Again, this is a class defined in R.…There's some unusual structures in this,…and it does get a little bit confusing.…You may want to come back to this…after doing research on R,…or later on if you learn about R and objects.…But let's go ahead and take a look.…The first thing we'll notice is in line 9,…again, I take a variable, LakePendOreilleData,…and assign a function to it.…Now this function doesn't have any arguments.…
Line 10 simply declares a variable…called kPORDeepMoorPath and assigns a url to it.…There's nothing unusual about that.…If I go ahead and run that,…you'll see that we just simply assign…a value, it shows up in the global environment,…and it equals the url for the navy and military data.…In line 12, we're gonna make sure that…the navy military data is actually live.…So I've defined a variable that says checkURL,…and I use the command file…with the url, "r,…which r is for read.…
Mark introduces challenges and then provides an overview of his solutions in R. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: R Studio tells me that it can't find files I expect to be available. Where can I find them?
A: Use the setwd() command to set the working directory to match the folder you're working in.
Q: I am unable to access the Lake Pend Oreille data from outside the U.S.
A: A static copy of this data is provided here for lynda.com members outside of the U.S.
R Statistics Essential Trainingwith Barton Poulson5h 59m Intermediate
1. Problem One: Statistical Analysis
2. Problem Two: Image Analysis
3. Problem Three: Eight Queens
4. Accessing Peripherals
5. Recursion and Directories
Walking the directory sort code10m 56s
6. Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.