Join Mark Niemann-Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Testing sound generation, part of Code Clinic: R.
- The next part of our solution involves…creating sound that we will be driving…with that mouse position.…I found two ways to do this, the first one…which is direct system access,…and the second one which is through…a library called tuneR.R.…Let's take a look at system access first.…I'm looking at a file called singscat.R…and this is a function that will go ahead…and run a system call that tells the Macintosh…to actually say a sound.…This will not work on your Windows system,…there are other utilities for that,…but we're using a Macintosh, so I can demonstrate…this solution.…
To demonstrate this, I will just simply…highlight the for loop starting on line 13,…and going up to 23, and I can go ahead…and just run that portion of the code,…so let's go ahead and do that.…(computer sound effect)…And you can hear it...…(computer sound effect)…Changing the pitch...…(computer sound effect)…With each iteration of the for loop.…(computer sound effect)…Let's go ahead and stop that.…
And now that we've heard what singscat can do,…
Mark introduces challenges and then provides an overview of his solutions in R. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: R Studio tells me that it can't find files I expect to be available. Where can I find them?
A: Use the setwd() command to set the working directory to match the folder you're working in.
Q: I am unable to access the Lake Pend Oreille data from outside the U.S.
A: A static copy of this data is provided here for lynda.com members outside of the U.S.
R Statistics Essential Trainingwith Barton Poulson5h 59m Intermediate
1. Problem One: Statistical Analysis
2. Problem Two: Image Analysis
3. Problem Three: Eight Queens
4. Accessing Peripherals
5. Recursion and Directories
Walking the directory sort code10m 56s
6. Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.