Join Martin Hadley for an in-depth discussion in this video Style visNetwork graph, part of R: Interactive Visualizations with htmlwidgets.
- [Instructor] Let's look at how we can customize…the appearance of networks…inside of visNetwork library.…Inside of our Exercise Files…we have a file called basic-visNetwork.R.…Let's open that up and see what we have here.…Again, to decrease the size of my environment…because I don't need it for now.…At the top of the script file…we load the tidyverse library.…So, that loads the standard libraries…from the tidyverse ecosystem.…Of course, because we're creating interactive visNetworks…we'll load the visNetwork library as well.…Then on line four and five we use read_csv…to import our nodes and our edges data.…
And line eight through 12 we add a new ID column,…which allows us to more easily refer to our nodes…inside of the edges data frame.…We also add a column called label,…which will label our nodes…when we zoom in on a visualization,…and the title column…which provides us a tooltip…when we hover our cursor over the nodes.…Lines 14 through 17…we're creating two new columns, from and to,…using the mapvalues function from plyr.…
Start by learning to manage packages and structure data for visualizations with the tidyverse and the pipe operator. Then there is an important question: Which library should you choose? The course introduces five popular options: Leaflet, Plotly, Highcharter, visNetwork, and DataTables (DT). Instructor Martin Hadley shows how to use these libraries to create scattergeo, choropleth, and geolines maps; stacked bar charts, scatter charts, bubble charts, and heat maps; treemaps and time series charts; interactive networks and graphs; and responsive, interactive data tables. Plus, learn how to customize your visualizations with legends and tooltips, and extract click information for Shiny apps.
- Installing htmlwidgets
- Selecting the best htmlwidget
- Creating interactive maps with Leaflet
- Creating interactive charts with Plotly and Highcharter
- Creating interactive networks with visNetwork
- Creating interactive tables with DT
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Interactive Presentations with Shiny and Rwith Martin Hadley1h 53m Intermediate
Data Visualization Tips and Trickswith Matt Francis2h 14m Intermediate
DC.js for Data Science Essential Trainingwith Emma Saunders5h 3m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with htmlwidgets
2. Creating Interactive Maps with Leaflet
3. Creating Interactive Charts with Plotly
4. Creating Interactive Charts with Highcharter
5. Creating Interactive Networks with visNetwork
6. Creating Interactive Tables
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.