Join Martin John Hadley for an in-depth discussion in this video Specify your own colors, part of R: Interactive Visualizations with htmlwidgets.
- [Instructor] There's a certain knack or trick…to customizing the colors used in a high charter chart.…Let's look at a quick example in our exercise files.…Let's open bar chat custom colors.…At the top of the script file,…we load three libraries that we need:…first, the tidyverse library,…which we run with Command + Enter,…then the highcharter library as these are the charts…we're going to create.…Now, every time we load the highcharter library…we get a message reminding us Highcharts…is not free for commercial or governmental use.…
On Line 3, we'll also load the RColorBrewer library…as this gives us access to a very nice color scheme…called paired that we're going to use…to color our bar charts.…On Line 5, we read in a CSV file using read underscore csv…and then I'm going to decrease the size…of our environment because I don't need it.…Lines 8…through 32…used a mutate verb…to add two new columns to our data frame.…The first is country group color…where we map each of the country groups,…i.e., all Africa, Australia, Canada…
AuthorMartin John Hadley
Start by learning to manage packages and structure data for visualizations with the tidyverse and the pipe operator. Then there is an important question: Which library should you choose? The course introduces five popular options: Leaflet, Plotly, Highcharter, visNetwork, and DataTables (DT). Instructor Martin Hadley shows how to use these libraries to create scattergeo, choropleth, and geolines maps; stacked bar charts, scatter charts, bubble charts, and heat maps; treemaps and time series charts; interactive networks and graphs; and responsive, interactive data tables. Plus, learn how to customize your visualizations with legends and tooltips, and extract click information for Shiny apps.
- Installing htmlwidgets
- Selecting the best htmlwidget
- Creating interactive maps with Leaflet
- Creating interactive charts with Plotly and Highcharter
- Creating interactive networks with visNetwork
- Creating interactive tables with DT
Skill Level Intermediate
Data Visualization Tips and Trickswith Matt Francis2h 14m Intermediate
DC.js for Data Science Essential Trainingwith Emma Saunders5h 3m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with htmlwidgets
2. Creating Interactive Maps with Leaflet
3. Creating Interactive Charts with Plotly
4. Creating Interactive Charts with Highcharter
5. Creating Interactive Networks with visNetwork
6. Creating Interactive Tables
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.