Join Mark Niemann-Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up the app directory, part of Code Clinic: R (2015).
- We're going to need to create…a more straight forward webpage,…and we will use Shiny to do that.…It's actually going to be easier…to build the HTML from scratch…and then use Shiny in R to insert the dynamic parts.…Now this is going to require making some changes…from the web app configuration.…This will be outlined in the Shiny tutorials…and if you're ever confused about how to do Shiny,…I highly recommend the set of tutorials and articles…that are present at Shiny.RStudio.com.…We're looking now a R Studio and to the right,…you'll see the files contained in the folder…called Problem 6.…
Just a side note, if you ever get confused…about what we've done or anything gets messed up,…you can always look at the completed example folder,…which contains everything that we are trying to accomplish…in this exercise.…In our case, we're going to use the demonstration files…from James Williamson's course and these are available…in the folder labelled Exercise Files From Dreamweaver ESST.…Inside that folder are several other folders…
Mark introduces challenges and then provides an overview of his solutions in R. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: R Studio tells me that it can't find files I expect to be available. Where can I find them?
A: Use the setwd() command to set the working directory to match the folder you're working in.
Q: I am unable to access the Lake Pend Oreille data from outside the U.S.
A: A static copy of this data is provided here for lynda.com members outside of the U.S.
1. Problem One: Statistical Analysis
2. Problem Two: Image Analysis
3. Problem Three: Eight Queens
4. Accessing Peripherals
5. Recursion and Directories
Walking the directory sort code10m 56s
6. Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.