Sentiment analysis is a popular analytics use case for text. Learn about the key concepts of sentiment analysis.
- [Instructor] One of the most popular analysis done … on text is to identify the sentiment expressed … by its author. … Sentiment, in this case, is the overall emotion expressed … in the words people write. … This might be simply positive or negative … but can be other emotions as well. … Organizations try to understand the sentiment … of their customers and users based … on their communications and social media posts. … This is referred to as sentiment analysis. … Sentiment analysis is text mining technique used … to identify the intent or opinion in text data. … Users communicate their opinions … and needs through text in the form of reviews, … emails, chats, et cetera. … Sentiment analysis looks at a corpus of text, … possibly multiple sentences … to understand the overall sentiment of the author. … There are multiple techniques used for this. … The most popular being the bag of words approach. … In this technique, … we look for specific words in the text … and conclude on the overall sentiment …
- Creating a word cloud
- Analyzing sentiment
- Extracting emotions from text
- Clustering similar entities based on text
- Using classification for supervised learning
- Recommending items to users based on text data analytics
Skill Level Intermediate
Predictive Customer Analyticswith Kumaran Ponnambalam1h 37m Intermediate
1. Word Cloud
2. Sentiment Analysis
5. Predictive Text
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.