There are many different libraries, some have restrictive licenses. oidnChaRts alllows us to easily compare visualizations from different libraries easily.
- [Instructor] Before you start building…interactive visualizations with HTML widgets in R,…you need to pick a library in order to use.…But how do you choose which library to use?…The home of HTML widgets showcases…13 different libraries,…which provide you with many…different types of visualization.…And the website includes a gallery…of over 80 different packages,…so how do you choose which library to use?…Well, the problem of selecting which library to use…is compounded by the fact that many libraries allow you…to build exactly the same type of chart as one another.…
AuthorMartin John Hadley
Start by learning to manage packages and structure data for visualizations with the tidyverse and the pipe operator. Then there is an important question: Which library should you choose? The course introduces five popular options: Leaflet, Plotly, Highcharter, visNetwork, and DataTables (DT). Instructor Martin Hadley shows how to use these libraries to create scattergeo, choropleth, and geolines maps; stacked bar charts, scatter charts, bubble charts, and heat maps; treemaps and time series charts; interactive networks and graphs; and responsive, interactive data tables. Plus, learn how to customize your visualizations with legends and tooltips, and extract click information for Shiny apps.
- Installing htmlwidgets
- Selecting the best htmlwidget
- Creating interactive maps with Leaflet
- Creating interactive charts with Plotly and Highcharter
- Creating interactive networks with visNetwork
- Creating interactive tables with DT
Skill Level Intermediate
Data Visualization Tips and Trickswith Matt Francis2h 14m Intermediate
DC.js for Data Science Essential Trainingwith Emma Saunders5h 3m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with htmlwidgets
2. Creating Interactive Maps with Leaflet
3. Creating Interactive Charts with Plotly
4. Creating Interactive Charts with Highcharter
5. Creating Interactive Networks with visNetwork
6. Creating Interactive Tables
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.