Join Mark Niemann-Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Running a unit test, part of Code Clinic: R.
- So now that you've completely understand cross correlation…the rest of my solution is gonna be pretty simple.…I've opened up two files.…One of them called test.R and another one called…isthisacroppedversionofthat.R…Let's take a look at how they run.…First of all, test.R sets up for a test…and the first thing that is has to do,…of course, is install a package.…So let's go ahead and do that.…And, we've already installed it,…so we can ignore this warning.…
Then I go ahead and call that package in using library(jpeg)…Line 6 is setwd(). It's a set working directory command.…We're already in the correct directory…so I don't need to use this one.…And I do need to make sure isthisacroppedversionofthat.R…is in memory so it can be used later on.…I can use the source command to go ahead and do that.…All it does is pull that file into memory for our use later.…Line 9 through line 18 declares…something called funcWrapper.…
It's a function, and all it's doing is wrapping…a function around the subroutine call…we're going to make here in a minute,…
Mark introduces challenges and then provides an overview of his solutions in R. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: R Studio tells me that it can't find files I expect to be available. Where can I find them?
A: Use the setwd() command to set the working directory to match the folder you're working in.
Q: I am unable to access the Lake Pend Oreille data from outside the U.S.
A: A static copy of this data is provided here for lynda.com members outside of the U.S.
R Statistics Essential Trainingwith Barton Poulson5h 59m Intermediate
1. Problem One: Statistical Analysis
2. Problem Two: Image Analysis
3. Problem Three: Eight Queens
4. Accessing Peripherals
5. Recursion and Directories
Walking the directory sort code10m 56s
6. Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.