Review the entire process used throughout this course to achieve a completed descriptive analysis using the BRFSS data set.
- [Instructor] Hello there.…Welcome to chapter seven, section three.…Where I will review the long process…we went through in a nutshell,…so you can have a good simple take home…overview of what we just did.…Remember, Chapters one and two were in the design phase.…We did this before we did any coding.…Next, chapters three and four were devoted…to developing the analytic data set.…And this is what we used in chapters five and six when we…did our descriptive analyses and developed our Table 1's.…Now, I'm wrapping it all up for you in chapter seven.…
In chapter 1, we went over what BRFSS is.…If you ever want to use a different data set,…you should still follow the same process…we did in evaluating the BRFSS.…We needed to understand the data set thoroughly,…before designing the analysis.…We looked into how the data were collected,…when and from who, and also what the intended purpose was…for collecting the BRFSS in the first place.…Before designing the analysis,…it is important to understand the features of the data set…
This detailed, practical course is designed to help those in the field of public health, medicine, and data science to edit, analyze, and interpret data. Learn how to code new variables, use the forward-stepwise modeling process, and document your decisions. Find out how to visualize results by generating charts and graphics, and how to add tables and figures to your documentation. This course helps equip you to independently design, develop, and execute a full BRFSS analysis, and even publish your results in scientific publications or journals.
- Reviewing survey data and documentation
- Conducting a BRFSS analysis
- Understanding naming conventions
- Editing variables
- Reviewing distributions
- Generating an analytic dataset
- Developing descriptive statistics to answer prespecified hypotheses
- Preparing publication-worthy tables and plots
Skill Level Advanced
1. What Is the BRFSS?
2. Designing Your Metadata
3. Reading in Data and Applying Exclusions
4. Preparing for Descriptive Analysis
5. Conducting Descriptive Analysis
Making a frequency macro4m 8s
6. Descriptive Analysis: Weights and Tests
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.