Join Mark Niemann-Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Putting mouse and sound together, part of Code Clinic: R.
- Let's go ahead and put sound together with mouse movement…and see how the whole package works together.…I'm looking at a source file called theremin_tuneR.R.…We'll obviously be using tuneR…to generate our music this time.…Line 3, 4, 5 and 6 are just simply setup lines,…we'll use that to make sure the…necessary packages are installed,…the libraries are brought in…and that we have access to the windowing environment,…that's what tcltk is.…
Let's open this back up…and we'll go down and take a look at the code.…Line 8 is creating a constant called…kPitchRangeLength,…it's 200.…Then line 9 creates kPitchRange…using a command called seq.…Now, we haven't seen seq before…so let's do a real quick view of what that is.…I'm going to clear the console.…Now let's use seq.…It stands for sequence, a parenthesis,…it's a function.…If I want a sequence of numbers,…say from=, let's go 10,…and to=30,…what I'll get is a sequence of numbers from 10 to 30,…no surprise.…
The interesting part about seq,…and I'll pull it up from history here again…
Mark introduces challenges and then provides an overview of his solutions in R. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: R Studio tells me that it can't find files I expect to be available. Where can I find them?
A: Use the setwd() command to set the working directory to match the folder you're working in.
Q: I am unable to access the Lake Pend Oreille data from outside the U.S.
A: A static copy of this data is provided here for lynda.com members outside of the U.S.
R Statistics Essential Trainingwith Barton Poulson5h 59m Intermediate
1. Problem One: Statistical Analysis
2. Problem Two: Image Analysis
3. Problem Three: Eight Queens
4. Accessing Peripherals
5. Recursion and Directories
Walking the directory sort code10m 56s
6. Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.