Data needs to be pre-processed before it can be consumed by word cloud functions. Learn about the steps need to pre-process text data.
- [Instructor] For building the word cloud in R, … we will use two text documents … for our course descriptions. … These are available in the courses subdirectory … in your course examples. … These are descriptions for two courses. … Let's build a word cloud … for the popular words used in these courses. … The code for this chapter … is available in the file code_01_XX Word Cloud.R. … In this video, we will prepare the data … for doing word cloud. … To start, we import the tm package in R … for use in this course. … Now, we create a raw course corpus … by loading the contents of the courses directory … into a VCorpus variable. … Next, we perform a series of cleansing steps. … If you are unfamiliar with these steps, … check out the Processing Text … with R Training on LinkedIn Learning. … We first convert the corpus … into lowercase using the tm_map function. … Then we remove punctuations. … Stopwords removal is done … using the standard stopwords list. … Finally, we convert the corpus into a document term matrix …
- Creating a word cloud
- Analyzing sentiment
- Extracting emotions from text
- Clustering similar entities based on text
- Using classification for supervised learning
- Recommending items to users based on text data analytics
Skill Level Intermediate
Predictive Customer Analyticswith Kumaran Ponnambalam1h 37m Intermediate
1. Word Cloud
2. Sentiment Analysis
5. Predictive Text
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.