Predictive text is a popular text analytics technique. Learn about the key concepts and techniques used for predictive text.
- [Instructor] Predictive text is a popular application … for text mining and analytics. … When you compose a text on your smartphone … or type a search term in Google, … you see recommendations for the current or the next word. … That is predictive text at work. … The machine is trying to figure out … what you will say next. … When it works correctly, it saves you time and effort. … So how exactly does predictive text work? … Through something called N-grams. … N-grams are basically a set of co-occurring words … within a given window. … It is used to identify word sequence patterns. … So we start with a corpus of sentences collected … from usage specific to the context. … We then use N-gram techniques … to build a database of previous words … and possible next words. … This N-grams database is then queried … to predict the next possible word. … In order to build an accurate database, … it is recommended to build a custom corpus … based on the context which is a specific user … or an application. …
- Creating a word cloud
- Analyzing sentiment
- Extracting emotions from text
- Clustering similar entities based on text
- Using classification for supervised learning
- Recommending items to users based on text data analytics
Skill Level Intermediate
Predictive Customer Analyticswith Kumaran Ponnambalam1h 37m Intermediate
1. Word Cloud
2. Sentiment Analysis
5. Predictive Text
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.