In this course, Keith McCormick shows executives who aren't fluent in data analytics how to hire data science professionals, manage data science teams, and transform their business with effectively deployed advanced analytics. Keith details how to hire a well-rounded team, including how to identify top-performing data scientists. Plus, he shares how to navigate the different analytics and machine learning software options on the market, fit data science into your organizational structure, and more.
- Define propensity scoring and describe its use.
- Characterize typical analytics projects.
- Describe methods for finding and hiring talented data scientists.
- List characteristics, traits, and roles of top-performing data scientists.
- Explain why data preparation is such a large part of any analytics project.
- Describe general features of analytics software.
- Describe how analytics projects, programs, and portfolios should be managed.
Skill Level Intermediate
- My friends tease me a bit about it, but I try to learn "Hello, thank you, and do you speak English?", in the local language almost every time I travel overseas. So when I land at Suvarnabhumi in Thailand, I greet the cab driver and ask them in Thai if they speak English. (speaking in a foreign language) It always gets a smile. I'm sure my accent is awful, but I think that it's more than just a politeness. It shows that I'm making an effort. There's something else too. It signals that it isn't my first rodeo. While no one would confuse me with an ex-pat living locally, it shows that I have enough familiarity that I'm knowing participant in the ride downtown. My name is Keith McCormick. In this course, I'm going to show you how to manage your analytics team more effectively by getting to know just a little bit of the behind the scenes. I'm going to teach you a bit about the language of analytics and the culture of data science. This is not a watered down predictive analytics 101. It is specifically for you, for the executive who wants to be more efficient at managing the analytics activity in your organization and at managing data scientists. These are my goals for you, to indicate to your data scientists that you sincerely care about them and what they do and to be a knowing participant in the ride.