Join Mark Niemann-Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Overview of my solution, part of Code Clinic: R.
- R wouldn't be my first choice as a language…to build websites, but it can be done.…Now there are several ways of exporting…or building HTML using R Libraries…but most of them are intended to produce documentation.…These can be found by browsing through CRAN-R…or The Comprehensive R Archive Network.…Let's take a quick browse.…First of all, I'm going to click on Packages.…And then I'm going to go to Table of available packages,…sorted by name.…
Once I'm here, I can just simply use the browsers…Find Feature with Control F…and type in H-T-M-L.…And I'll be able to bounce back and forth…through all of the HTML Packages that are available for R.…There are many of them.…Alternatively, I can type in W-E-B for Web…and we can find Packages…that say something about being a Web Package.…Now there's another way that we can look at…Packages available for R and that's with the Task Views.…
So I'm going to go over to the left of the CRAN page…and click on Task Views.…And then I know that I need to go down…to the segment called ReproducibleResearch, down here.…
Mark introduces challenges and then provides an overview of his solutions in R. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: R Studio tells me that it can't find files I expect to be available. Where can I find them?
A: Use the setwd() command to set the working directory to match the folder you're working in.
Q: I am unable to access the Lake Pend Oreille data from outside the U.S.
A: A static copy of this data is provided here for lynda.com members outside of the U.S.
R Statistics Essential Trainingwith Barton Poulson5h 59m Intermediate
1. Problem One: Statistical Analysis
2. Problem Two: Image Analysis
3. Problem Three: Eight Queens
4. Accessing Peripherals
5. Recursion and Directories
Walking the directory sort code10m 56s
6. Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.