Join Mark Niemann-Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Modifying server.R, part of Code Clinic: R.
- Now that we've changed index.html,…let's take a look at server.R.…And you'll find that server.R inside of…our demonstrationFolder, and its at the very top.…So I'm going to open up server.R,…and let's take a quick look at this.…Its fairly quick, its one function,…shinyServer(function(input,output),…with an output on line 13.…Well, the first thing we want to do is get rid…of all of the extra stuff that we really don't need.…So I'm going to go ahead and select…from line 19 all the way up,…and I'm going to hit the delete key and remove all that.…
So now we have a nice clean…shinyServer function to work with.…Everything I put into shinyServer,…is going to be run by the shinyServer…and generate output that will be…then put into index.html.…Again, let's go back to copyAndPasteBitsForlyndaDemo.R,…and you'll recall that's part of the exercise files…that I provided for you as part of this code clinic.…And I'm gonna start on line 14…where it says open Server.R and delete everything…inside the shinyServer function,…and we've already done that, perfect.…
Mark introduces challenges and then provides an overview of his solutions in R. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: R Studio tells me that it can't find files I expect to be available. Where can I find them?
A: Use the setwd() command to set the working directory to match the folder you're working in.
Q: I am unable to access the Lake Pend Oreille data from outside the U.S.
A: A static copy of this data is provided here for lynda.com members outside of the U.S.
R Statistics Essential Trainingwith Barton Poulson5h 59m Intermediate
1. Problem One: Statistical Analysis
2. Problem Two: Image Analysis
3. Problem Three: Eight Queens
4. Accessing Peripherals
5. Recursion and Directories
Walking the directory sort code10m 56s
6. Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.