Join Mark Niemann-Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Modifying index.html, part of Code Clinic: R.
- We'll need to modify both the…index.html, and server.r.…Let's start with index.html.…To make modifications to index.html,…let's open it, first of all.…We'll go into the demonstrationFolder,…www,…and I'm gonna click on index.html.…It's gonna ask me if I want to…Open this up in an Editor, or in a Web Browser.…If it's a standard html page,…I could of course view it in a web browser.…But I wanna change it,…so I'm gonna open it in the editor.…
And you'll see that it pops up…in our code editing window.…Now I'm going to cheat just a little bit,…I have a file called copyAndPasteBitsForlyndaDemo.R,…and that's in the example files,…you can go ahead and take a look at that.…But all it is is just a bunch of things…that I have typed in previously,…and then we'll copy and paste,…but I'll explain what they are as I go along.…To start with, there are a few linked files…we need to include in the index.html…to allow for communication…between this page and shiny.R.…
These lines are 4, 5 and 6…in the copy and paste bits.…So I'm just gonna simply highlight them,…
Mark introduces challenges and then provides an overview of his solutions in R. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: R Studio tells me that it can't find files I expect to be available. Where can I find them?
A: Use the setwd() command to set the working directory to match the folder you're working in.
Q: I am unable to access the Lake Pend Oreille data from outside the U.S.
A: A static copy of this data is provided here for lynda.com members outside of the U.S.
R Statistics Essential Trainingwith Barton Poulson5h 59m Intermediate
1. Problem One: Statistical Analysis
2. Problem Two: Image Analysis
3. Problem Three: Eight Queens
4. Accessing Peripherals
5. Recursion and Directories
Walking the directory sort code10m 56s
6. Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.