Join Mark Niemann-Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing and using Shiny, part of Code Clinic: R (2015).
- [Voiceover] Setting up Shiny is fairly straightforward.…I've created a script we can walk through.…It's located in the Exercise files folder,…Problem six,…and the file is called setup_shiny_rstudio.R.…Let's expand the window and take a look at this file.…So, the first thing we need to do is, of course,…install the Shiny package, and that's fairly simple,…it's done on line four and five.…We can go ahead and highlight those two and then hit run.…
Now, the next thing I wanna do is check to make sure…that we're in the proper current home directory.…So I can use getwd, which is "get working directory"…to do that.…And I see that I'm in Exercise files, Problem six.…That's great, that's exactly where we wanna be…for this particular exercise.…Lines 10, 11, and 12 are going to help us set up…a working directory to build our code into.…The first line, line 11, is a variable.…It's defined as demonstrationFolder.…
You can change demonstrationFolder to anything you like.…Line 12 goes ahead and creates that folder,…and you'll see that we now have a demonstration folder…
Mark introduces challenges and then provides an overview of his solutions in R. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: R Studio tells me that it can't find files I expect to be available. Where can I find them?
A: Use the setwd() command to set the working directory to match the folder you're working in.
Q: I am unable to access the Lake Pend Oreille data from outside the U.S.
A: A static copy of this data is provided here for lynda.com members outside of the U.S.
1. Problem One: Statistical Analysis
2. Problem Two: Image Analysis
3. Problem Three: Eight Queens
4. Accessing Peripherals
5. Recursion and Directories
Walking the directory sort code10m 56s
6. Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.