Join Mark Niemann-Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing and using ImageMagick, part of Code Clinic: R (2015).
- So let's take a moment to explore ImageMagick.…I'm looking at imagemagick.org,…which is the place where you'll dowload…the ImageMagick libraries from.…And, you'll need to install it on your system.…Installing it is fairly easy.…Complete instructions are found on this website.…Simply pick your operating system,…and follow the instructions.…ImageMagick can be called at the system level,…and there are a few R libraries available,…but it seems to be common wisdom…just to make the system call.…
I'll show you an example of how to use R…with ImageMagick, in the next video.…
Mark introduces challenges and then provides an overview of his solutions in R. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: R Studio tells me that it can't find files I expect to be available. Where can I find them?
A: Use the setwd() command to set the working directory to match the folder you're working in.
Q: I am unable to access the Lake Pend Oreille data from outside the U.S.
A: A static copy of this data is provided here for lynda.com members outside of the U.S.
1. Problem One: Statistical Analysis
2. Problem Two: Image Analysis
3. Problem Three: Eight Queens
4. Accessing Peripherals
5. Recursion and Directories
Walking the directory sort code10m 56s
6. Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.