Learn how to install the necessary packages in R. Installation of every package needed for the course will be demonstrated.
- [Instructor] We are almost done getting ready…for our analysis.…In this section we'll install the packages…you'll need in R to complete our descriptive analysis.…Earlier in the section I walked you through…installing the package foreign,…which we will use to read in our data.…We still need to install a few more packages…to get through the whole course so we'll do that now.…Before we go to R I just want to give you a big…picture look of what we are going to install.…First, note that the package names are case sensitive.…
The last one is not lower case mass,…it's MASS, all caps.…Next, you have to see on the right side of the slide…why we need the package and what it does.…We'll be calling up these packages in different…chapters throughout the course,…so this is just a quick overview.…Okay let's go install our packages.…We just installed foreign so we can skip that,…let's go to the next one, gtools.…Let's make sure we click on the console…so we have the right menus then choose packages,…install packages.…
When we installed foreign we had to choose a cran mirror.…
This detailed, practical course is designed to help those in the field of public health, medicine, and data science to edit, analyze, and interpret data. Learn how to code new variables, use the forward-stepwise modeling process, and document your decisions. Find out how to visualize results by generating charts and graphics, and how to add tables and figures to your documentation. This course helps equip you to independently design, develop, and execute a full BRFSS analysis, and even publish your results in scientific publications or journals.
- Reviewing survey data and documentation
- Conducting a BRFSS analysis
- Understanding naming conventions
- Editing variables
- Reviewing distributions
- Generating an analytic dataset
- Developing descriptive statistics to answer prespecified hypotheses
- Preparing publication-worthy tables and plots
Skill Level Advanced
1. What Is the BRFSS?
2. Designing Your Metadata
3. Reading in Data and Applying Exclusions
4. Preparing for Descriptive Analysis
5. Conducting Descriptive Analysis
Making a frequency macro4m 8s
6. Descriptive Analysis: Weights and Tests
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.