Learn how to download and install R software. Watch a demonstration of the installation process.
- [Instructor] Now I will show you how to install R…so we can jump right in and get started.…This movie will first show you how to go to…the CRAN page and find the place to download R.…Next we'll download the file…and then we will run the setup file…and accept all the defaults.…R gives you two shortcuts on your desktop if you do that.…So after that I'll show you which shortcut to use…to run R.…Here is the CRAN website…and as you can see,…at the top are the options to download…and install R.…
These links lead to the most recent version…and you will see that you can see R on the Mac…although I will be demonstrating it on Windows.…When you get to this page,…click on Base.…See at the top.…It will take you to the most recent version.…Go ahead and click on the download link,…then run the setup file that downloads to install it.…Okay it's done downloading.…Now I'm going to double-click to run the setup file.…And I'm going to say yes…and accept all the defaults.…
If you do that,…when ends up happening is…you have two different shortcuts placed on your desktop.…
This detailed, practical course is designed to help those in the field of public health, medicine, and data science to edit, analyze, and interpret data. Learn how to code new variables, use the forward-stepwise modeling process, and document your decisions. Find out how to visualize results by generating charts and graphics, and how to add tables and figures to your documentation. This course helps equip you to independently design, develop, and execute a full BRFSS analysis, and even publish your results in scientific publications or journals.
- Reviewing survey data and documentation
- Conducting a BRFSS analysis
- Understanding naming conventions
- Editing variables
- Reviewing distributions
- Generating an analytic dataset
- Developing descriptive statistics to answer prespecified hypotheses
- Preparing publication-worthy tables and plots
Skill Level Advanced
1. What Is the BRFSS?
2. Designing Your Metadata
3. Reading in Data and Applying Exclusions
4. Preparing for Descriptive Analysis
5. Conducting Descriptive Analysis
Making a frequency macro4m 8s
6. Descriptive Analysis: Weights and Tests
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.