Join Mark Niemann-Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Finishing getpendoreille_factored.R, part of Code Clinic: R.
- Now let's talk about line 25, real quickly here.…Line 25 says if the length of the intersection…of LakePORData$listAvailableYears(),requestedYears))<1…then stop, paste, data is not available…for this range of dates.…That's somewhat confusing, so let's spend…a little bit of time breaking that out.…First of all, LakePORData$, you'll see that dollar sign…in line 25 and this is just simply a way of saying…for the LakePORData I want to get only the column…or the function for list available years.…
In this case, LakePORData happens to be an object.…List available years is a function in that object.…I'll show you that in a moment.…That's what's being called.…It's giving it requested years.…So this line is looking for intersection between…a function called "list available years"…which we'll see in a minute…and the variable requested years,…which we defined in line 24.…Now if it says that the length of the intersection…between the two of them is less than one,…which means if there is no intersection…between those two, then stop and give us…
Mark introduces challenges and then provides an overview of his solutions in R. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: R Studio tells me that it can't find files I expect to be available. Where can I find them?
A: Use the setwd() command to set the working directory to match the folder you're working in.
Q: I am unable to access the Lake Pend Oreille data from outside the U.S.
A: A static copy of this data is provided here for lynda.com members outside of the U.S.
R Statistics Essential Trainingwith Barton Poulson5h 59m Intermediate
1. Problem One: Statistical Analysis
2. Problem Two: Image Analysis
3. Problem Three: Eight Queens
4. Accessing Peripherals
5. Recursion and Directories
Walking the directory sort code10m 56s
6. Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.