Interactions with visNetwork objects are controlled via visEvents.
- [Instructor] Shiny allows interactive web applications…to be built using the R language.…Let's see how we can embed a VisNetwork HTML widget…in a shiny app and extract click information.…In our exercise files,…we have a file called server.R,…which I'd like you to open,…and let's run the shiny app for this server.R build.…So inside of the shiny app,…we have a visNetwork visualization,…so here we have the Games of Thrones network.…When I hover over here, I get a tooltip telling me…the name of the node.…
But what I want to appear…is when I click on a node…for this text to be updated,…telling me which node I've clicked.…I also have here a control called remove supercultures.…What I would like to happen is when I select the culture,…it removes those nodes from my network…without redrawing the network.…So, let's go about plumbing this together.…Before we can plumb it together,…we need to understand how visNetwork objects…make click events available to shiny apps.…
Well, we need to explicitly tell visNetwork objects…to make click events available…
Start by learning to manage packages and structure data for visualizations with the tidyverse and the pipe operator. Then there is an important question: Which library should you choose? The course introduces five popular options: Leaflet, Plotly, Highcharter, visNetwork, and DataTables (DT). Instructor Martin Hadley shows how to use these libraries to create scattergeo, choropleth, and geolines maps; stacked bar charts, scatter charts, bubble charts, and heat maps; treemaps and time series charts; interactive networks and graphs; and responsive, interactive data tables. Plus, learn how to customize your visualizations with legends and tooltips, and extract click information for Shiny apps.
- Installing htmlwidgets
- Selecting the best htmlwidget
- Creating interactive maps with Leaflet
- Creating interactive charts with Plotly and Highcharter
- Creating interactive networks with visNetwork
- Creating interactive tables with DT
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Interactive Presentations with Shiny and Rwith Martin Hadley1h 53m Intermediate
Data Visualization Tips and Trickswith Matt Francis2h 14m Intermediate
DC.js for Data Science Essential Trainingwith Emma Saunders5h 3m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with htmlwidgets
2. Creating Interactive Maps with Leaflet
3. Creating Interactive Charts with Plotly
4. Creating Interactive Charts with Highcharter
5. Creating Interactive Networks with visNetwork
6. Creating Interactive Tables
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.