- [Instructor] Shiny allows interactive web applications…to be built using the R language.…Let's see how we can embed a Highcharter HTML widget…into a Shiny app and extract click information.…Let's start by seeing the skeleton of my Shiny app.…In my exercise files, I'll open server.R.…I'll minimize the environment…because I don't need to see it for now.…And let's run our app so we can see…what we're going to be building.…So our app includes a single Highchart visualization,…which includes a scatter plot called Series 1…and a line chart called Series 2.…
And what we want is for information to be shown at the top…when I mouse over any of the markers,…and if I click on any of the markers in the scatter plot,…I want information about that marker to be shown.…We need to plan this together.…Let's talk about how we go about doing that…before we write the code.…At the time of recording, unfortunately,…the version of Highcharter available from CRAN…does not support extracting click events from Shiny.…Thankfully, it's actually really simple…
AuthorMartin John Hadley
Start by learning to manage packages and structure data for visualizations with the tidyverse and the pipe operator. Then there is an important question: Which library should you choose? The course introduces five popular options: Leaflet, Plotly, Highcharter, visNetwork, and DataTables (DT). Instructor Martin Hadley shows how to use these libraries to create scattergeo, choropleth, and geolines maps; stacked bar charts, scatter charts, bubble charts, and heat maps; treemaps and time series charts; interactive networks and graphs; and responsive, interactive data tables. Plus, learn how to customize your visualizations with legends and tooltips, and extract click information for Shiny apps.
- Installing htmlwidgets
- Selecting the best htmlwidget
- Creating interactive maps with Leaflet
- Creating interactive charts with Plotly and Highcharter
- Creating interactive networks with visNetwork
- Creating interactive tables with DT
Skill Level Intermediate
Data Visualization Tips and Trickswith Matt Francis2h 14m Intermediate
DC.js for Data Science Essential Trainingwith Emma Saunders5h 3m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with htmlwidgets
2. Creating Interactive Maps with Leaflet
3. Creating Interactive Charts with Plotly
4. Creating Interactive Charts with Highcharter
5. Creating Interactive Networks with visNetwork
6. Creating Interactive Tables
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.