Join Mark Niemann-Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring isthisacroppedversionofthat.R, part of Code Clinic: R.
- So, I'm going to go up here and click.…We're in the source window, and I'm clicking on the tab…that says isthisacroppedversionofthat.…And that will show us the code…that we're actually gonna step through.…Let's give it a little bit more room,…and I'll do that by dragging this pane over to the right.…And, what I'd like to do is actually go into the browser.…We'll do a debug version of this thing…to find out what this is happening.…And, we can take a look at some of the values…as we step through.…So, what I'm going to do is in this case,…I could either set up the word browser, just by doing this.…
That would be one way to get this particular function…to enter the browser when it hits that trigger.…Or, what I can do, almost the same thing,…is I can set a breakpoint.…And, I can set a breakpoint just simply…by clicking to the left of the number…where I want to break point to happen.…And, now you'll see that I have,…let's go ahead and hit start.…The breakpoint has been triggered at line 12,…which is the actual first functioning line.…
Mark introduces challenges and then provides an overview of his solutions in R. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: R Studio tells me that it can't find files I expect to be available. Where can I find them?
A: Use the setwd() command to set the working directory to match the folder you're working in.
Q: I am unable to access the Lake Pend Oreille data from outside the U.S.
A: A static copy of this data is provided here for lynda.com members outside of the U.S.
R Statistics Essential Trainingwith Barton Poulson5h 59m Intermediate
1. Problem One: Statistical Analysis
2. Problem Two: Image Analysis
3. Problem Three: Eight Queens
4. Accessing Peripherals
5. Recursion and Directories
Walking the directory sort code10m 56s
6. Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.