Join Mark Niemann-Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring funcwrapper, part of Code Clinic: R.
- Let's take some time now…to actually step through the program…to find out what it's actually doing,…when it's trying to find a subset.…The first thing I'll do, is scroll over…so we can see funcWrapper, and this is what we just ran,…funcWrapper "4602491a.jpg",…and that calls a routine called funcWrapper,…which if you'll recall we defined up above,…and here's funcWrapper.…All this does is take an image pair…which is what we passed into it.…
Line 10 defines the needle,…and builds out a path to that actual image.…Line 11 defines the haystack,…again it defines a path to the actual image.…12 is what actually does the work,…and is.it.a.match is a variable that gets the return value…from isthisacroppedversionofthat,…and you'll notice that…we're passing that function, needle and haystack.…Once it comes back then it tests the value…of is.it.a.match and prints out a response.…
Let's go ahead and take a look…at isthisacroppedversionofthat…which is where all the work is actually being done.…
Mark introduces challenges and then provides an overview of his solutions in R. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: R Studio tells me that it can't find files I expect to be available. Where can I find them?
A: Use the setwd() command to set the working directory to match the folder you're working in.
Q: I am unable to access the Lake Pend Oreille data from outside the U.S.
A: A static copy of this data is provided <a href="https://github.com/lyndadotcom/LPO_weatherdata">here</a> for lynda.com members outside of the U.S.
R Statistics Essential Trainingwith Barton Poulson5h 59m Intermediate
1. Problem One: Statistical Analysis
2. Problem Two: Image Analysis
3. Problem Three: Eight Queens
4. Accessing Peripherals
5. Recursion and Directories
Walking the directory sort code10m 56s
6. Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.