Join Martin John Hadley for an in-depth discussion in this video Customize tooltips, part of R: Interactive Visualizations with htmlwidgets.
- [Instructor] Let's have a look at how to customize…tool tips in Plotly.…The example I'm going to use is a scatter geo plot…but the same rules apply everywhere inside of Plotly library…so let's open up scatter-geo.R in our exercise files…and I'll decrease the size of the environment…because I don't need it for now.…In the top of the script file,…I load three libraries I need:…the first is the tidyverse library.…Let's run this with Command + Enter.…Let's load the oidnChaRts library,…again with Command + Enter and finally…the Plotly library.…
Okay.…So, on Line 5 I manipulate the object…data underscore scatter underscore geo…and what I do with it is I separate…the location column into two new columns…called country and city, separating them…via the comma inside of our argument.…Let's run that code with Command + Enter…and in our console, let's type data underscore scatter geo…and pipe this into view.…
So, our data has a country column,…a city column, a latitude, a longitude…and a count of the number of observations…
AuthorMartin John Hadley
Start by learning to manage packages and structure data for visualizations with the tidyverse and the pipe operator. Then there is an important question: Which library should you choose? The course introduces five popular options: Leaflet, Plotly, Highcharter, visNetwork, and DataTables (DT). Instructor Martin Hadley shows how to use these libraries to create scattergeo, choropleth, and geolines maps; stacked bar charts, scatter charts, bubble charts, and heat maps; treemaps and time series charts; interactive networks and graphs; and responsive, interactive data tables. Plus, learn how to customize your visualizations with legends and tooltips, and extract click information for Shiny apps.
- Installing htmlwidgets
- Selecting the best htmlwidget
- Creating interactive maps with Leaflet
- Creating interactive charts with Plotly and Highcharter
- Creating interactive networks with visNetwork
- Creating interactive tables with DT
Skill Level Intermediate
Data Visualization Tips and Trickswith Matt Francis2h 14m Intermediate
DC.js for Data Science Essential Trainingwith Emma Saunders5h 3m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with htmlwidgets
2. Creating Interactive Maps with Leaflet
3. Creating Interactive Charts with Plotly
4. Creating Interactive Charts with Highcharter
5. Creating Interactive Networks with visNetwork
6. Creating Interactive Tables
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.