Join Martin Hadley for an in-depth discussion in this video Create interactive treemaps, part of R: Interactive Visualizations with htmlwidgets.
- [Instructor] Tree maps are very useful visualizations…where you want to visualize hierarchical relationships…or co-occurrences in data.…For instance in group memberships.…Let's have a look at how to build such charts in…high charter.…So I'll open up treemap.R,…I'll minimize my environment because I don't need to see it…for this exercise.…At the top of a script file, I load the tidyverse library…with command enter.…This loads the standard libraries from the tidyverse for me.…I'm also going to load the high charter library…at the top of the script file.…
So if I type library,…highcharter and hit command enter…and as always when you load a high charter library…you're given a reminder as a message that high chart…is not free for commercial or governmental use.…Now the data set that we're going to be working with…is available from the doi that can see in a comment…on line three.…We import a local version of this data set…from the data folder using read_csv and assign it…to the variable bbv_truth_table.…
Let's run that code with command enter.…
Start by learning to manage packages and structure data for visualizations with the tidyverse and the pipe operator. Then there is an important question: Which library should you choose? The course introduces five popular options: Leaflet, Plotly, Highcharter, visNetwork, and DataTables (DT). Instructor Martin Hadley shows how to use these libraries to create scattergeo, choropleth, and geolines maps; stacked bar charts, scatter charts, bubble charts, and heat maps; treemaps and time series charts; interactive networks and graphs; and responsive, interactive data tables. Plus, learn how to customize your visualizations with legends and tooltips, and extract click information for Shiny apps.
- Installing htmlwidgets
- Selecting the best htmlwidget
- Creating interactive maps with Leaflet
- Creating interactive charts with Plotly and Highcharter
- Creating interactive networks with visNetwork
- Creating interactive tables with DT
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Interactive Presentations with Shiny and Rwith Martin Hadley1h 53m Intermediate
Data Visualization Tips and Trickswith Matt Francis2h 14m Intermediate
DC.js for Data Science Essential Trainingwith Emma Saunders5h 3m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with htmlwidgets
2. Creating Interactive Maps with Leaflet
3. Creating Interactive Charts with Plotly
4. Creating Interactive Charts with Highcharter
5. Creating Interactive Networks with visNetwork
6. Creating Interactive Tables
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.