Plotly charts are instantiated with plot_ly and series are added. Layout determines how the subcategories of the chart are displayed: grouped, stacked, or percentile.
- [Instructor] Bar charts are excellent…visualization options for comparing variables…across multiple categories.…For instance, how many movies are there…in each genre on Netflix?…If you have sub-categorized data,…for instance, within comedies you have romantic comedies,…and horror comedies, then stacked bar charts…may be what you want.…Plotly makes it very easy to build these charts.…Let's see how.…In our exercise files, we have a file…called bar, dash, charts, dot, r.…Let's open it up and see what we have here.…
I'll open this file, I'll minimize the environment…because I don't need it for this exercise.…Now at the top of our script file,…we load the tidyverse library with a function library.…If I run this code with command, enter,…we can see on the console that each of the main libraries…from the tidyverse has been loaded.…This includes readr library,…which provides us with the read, underscore, csv function…that we use on line three,…to read in data from the csv file…and assign it to the variable gig economy.…
AuthorMartin John Hadley
Start by learning to manage packages and structure data for visualizations with the tidyverse and the pipe operator. Then there is an important question: Which library should you choose? The course introduces five popular options: Leaflet, Plotly, Highcharter, visNetwork, and DataTables (DT). Instructor Martin Hadley shows how to use these libraries to create scattergeo, choropleth, and geolines maps; stacked bar charts, scatter charts, bubble charts, and heat maps; treemaps and time series charts; interactive networks and graphs; and responsive, interactive data tables. Plus, learn how to customize your visualizations with legends and tooltips, and extract click information for Shiny apps.
- Installing htmlwidgets
- Selecting the best htmlwidget
- Creating interactive maps with Leaflet
- Creating interactive charts with Plotly and Highcharter
- Creating interactive networks with visNetwork
- Creating interactive tables with DT
Skill Level Intermediate
Data Visualization Tips and Trickswith Matt Francis2h 14m Intermediate
DC.js for Data Science Essential Trainingwith Emma Saunders5h 3m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with htmlwidgets
2. Creating Interactive Maps with Leaflet
3. Creating Interactive Charts with Plotly
4. Creating Interactive Charts with Highcharter
5. Creating Interactive Networks with visNetwork
6. Creating Interactive Tables
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.