Leaflet provides a number of different types of marker for scattergeo. Popups can be added to markers easily.
- [Instructor] Let's learn how to make…Scatter geo plots with Leaflet.…What's a Scatter geo plot?…Well, it's a map with points of interest…labeled as points, markers, or potentially circles.…Let's open the scatter underscore geo dot r file…in our exercise files and begin from there.…I've decreased the size of the environment…because I don't need to see it.…I'll also maximize my console…by double-clicking on console, up here.…At the top of this script file, I load the tidyverse,…because I need a couple of functions from there,…so I'll run that command with Command + Shift + Enter.…
Then, on line three through eight,…I define myself a little tibble.…A tibble is the tidyverse version of a data frame,…so I'll hit Command + Enter to generate my data frame,…and that generates me a set of latitude and longitude…coordinates from the normal distribution,…generates me a column called size, which is from…the uniform distribution between five and 10,…and a label column, which has…the lower case letters inside of it.…Okay, let's place the Africa data points…
AuthorMartin John Hadley
Start by learning to manage packages and structure data for visualizations with the tidyverse and the pipe operator. Then there is an important question: Which library should you choose? The course introduces five popular options: Leaflet, Plotly, Highcharter, visNetwork, and DataTables (DT). Instructor Martin Hadley shows how to use these libraries to create scattergeo, choropleth, and geolines maps; stacked bar charts, scatter charts, bubble charts, and heat maps; treemaps and time series charts; interactive networks and graphs; and responsive, interactive data tables. Plus, learn how to customize your visualizations with legends and tooltips, and extract click information for Shiny apps.
- Installing htmlwidgets
- Selecting the best htmlwidget
- Creating interactive maps with Leaflet
- Creating interactive charts with Plotly and Highcharter
- Creating interactive networks with visNetwork
- Creating interactive tables with DT
Skill Level Intermediate
Data Visualization Tips and Trickswith Matt Francis2h 14m Intermediate
DC.js for Data Science Essential Trainingwith Emma Saunders5h 3m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with htmlwidgets
2. Creating Interactive Maps with Leaflet
3. Creating Interactive Charts with Plotly
4. Creating Interactive Charts with Highcharter
5. Creating Interactive Networks with visNetwork
6. Creating Interactive Tables
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.