addPolylines allows SpatialLinesDataFrame to be visualized. Indicating the send/receive ends of a geoline is most easily achieved with different colored circles.
- [Instructor] Before I show you how to draw…lines between points in Leaflet.…It's important that we first talk a little bit…about GIS theory.…In this map, we see there are two lines…between my place of work in the UK…and Lynda's office in California.…The curved line represents the shortest distance…between these two locations…and closely approximates my flight path.…The straight line however, represents a significantly longer…path between the two points.…This is because in order to have a flat map,…we have had to project a curved surface…into a flat surface.…
I'm not particularly interested in showing you…the mathematics behind it, but what I will do…is promote a beautiful video from vox.com…that will hopefully demonstrate how's it's really important…for you to check your preconceptions about maps…before doing actual GIS analysis or visualization…using Leaflet.…So if we want to draw great circles,…ie to represent the shortest distance…between points on a map, we need to use…the geosphere library to sample points…
AuthorMartin John Hadley
Start by learning to manage packages and structure data for visualizations with the tidyverse and the pipe operator. Then there is an important question: Which library should you choose? The course introduces five popular options: Leaflet, Plotly, Highcharter, visNetwork, and DataTables (DT). Instructor Martin Hadley shows how to use these libraries to create scattergeo, choropleth, and geolines maps; stacked bar charts, scatter charts, bubble charts, and heat maps; treemaps and time series charts; interactive networks and graphs; and responsive, interactive data tables. Plus, learn how to customize your visualizations with legends and tooltips, and extract click information for Shiny apps.
- Installing htmlwidgets
- Selecting the best htmlwidget
- Creating interactive maps with Leaflet
- Creating interactive charts with Plotly and Highcharter
- Creating interactive networks with visNetwork
- Creating interactive tables with DT
Skill Level Intermediate
Data Visualization Tips and Trickswith Matt Francis2h 14m Intermediate
DC.js for Data Science Essential Trainingwith Emma Saunders5h 3m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with htmlwidgets
2. Creating Interactive Maps with Leaflet
3. Creating Interactive Charts with Plotly
4. Creating Interactive Charts with Highcharter
5. Creating Interactive Networks with visNetwork
6. Creating Interactive Tables
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.