Data frames may be given directly to DataTables. Row names are hidden with rownames = FALSE. Column filters can be added with filter = 'top'. Controlling the table furniture is achieved via options = list(dom)).
- [Instructor] The DT library allows us to easily create…interactive tables from data frames in R.…Let's see how in our exercise files.…Let's open interactive-table.R.…I'll minimize my environment…because I don't need to see it for now.…At the top of the script file, I load the tidyverse library…with Command + Enter, and then I load the DT library…so I can create my interactive tables,…and then on line four, I use read_csv…to import my CSV file and assign it…to the variable transport_data.…
Okay, it's now really simple for me…to visualize this as an interactive table.…I simply pipe transport_data into datatable.…I'll hit Command + Enter, and here in our viewer,…we can see our interactive table.…We have automatic pagination.…We're told we're seeing observations one through 10…of 399 entries, and we can page through these very easily.…We have at the top of the table a global search.…For instance, I could search for only various records…which have TX within them.…
Now, quite a few people get upset…that this says search rather than filter.…
AuthorMartin John Hadley
Start by learning to manage packages and structure data for visualizations with the tidyverse and the pipe operator. Then there is an important question: Which library should you choose? The course introduces five popular options: Leaflet, Plotly, Highcharter, visNetwork, and DataTables (DT). Instructor Martin Hadley shows how to use these libraries to create scattergeo, choropleth, and geolines maps; stacked bar charts, scatter charts, bubble charts, and heat maps; treemaps and time series charts; interactive networks and graphs; and responsive, interactive data tables. Plus, learn how to customize your visualizations with legends and tooltips, and extract click information for Shiny apps.
- Installing htmlwidgets
- Selecting the best htmlwidget
- Creating interactive maps with Leaflet
- Creating interactive charts with Plotly and Highcharter
- Creating interactive networks with visNetwork
- Creating interactive tables with DT
Skill Level Intermediate
Data Visualization Tips and Trickswith Matt Francis2h 14m Intermediate
DC.js for Data Science Essential Trainingwith Emma Saunders5h 3m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with htmlwidgets
2. Creating Interactive Maps with Leaflet
3. Creating Interactive Charts with Plotly
4. Creating Interactive Charts with Highcharter
5. Creating Interactive Networks with visNetwork
6. Creating Interactive Tables
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.