addPolygons must be used to add georegions to a Leaflet map. This can be combined with other markers easily.
- [Instructor] Let's create an interactive…Chloropleth map using Leaflet.…In my exercise files I have a file called world_map.R.…Let's open that up.…I'm going to decrease the size of our environment…because I don't need it for now.…At the top of our script file,…we load the necessary libraries in order for us…to import our shapefiles, augment them with data,…and visualize with Leaflet.…So first of all I load the sf library,…which allows us to import our shapefiles.…I'll then load the gapminder library,…which provides us with information…about the life expectancy and population…of countries of the earth.…
Then on line three, I'll load the tidyverse,…which provides us with a number of useful tools…for manipulating and otherwise wrangling data.…And then finally, on line four…I'll load the leaflet library,…which is the HTML widget library we're using…to create an interactive map.…On line six, I use read_sf to load in the shapefiles…from the data-raw folder.…Then on line eight, I manipulate the gapminder data set…a little bit.…
Start by learning to manage packages and structure data for visualizations with the tidyverse and the pipe operator. Then there is an important question: Which library should you choose? The course introduces five popular options: Leaflet, Plotly, Highcharter, visNetwork, and DataTables (DT). Instructor Martin Hadley shows how to use these libraries to create scattergeo, choropleth, and geolines maps; stacked bar charts, scatter charts, bubble charts, and heat maps; treemaps and time series charts; interactive networks and graphs; and responsive, interactive data tables. Plus, learn how to customize your visualizations with legends and tooltips, and extract click information for Shiny apps.
- Installing htmlwidgets
- Selecting the best htmlwidget
- Creating interactive maps with Leaflet
- Creating interactive charts with Plotly and Highcharter
- Creating interactive networks with visNetwork
- Creating interactive tables with DT
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Interactive Presentations with Shiny and Rwith Martin Hadley1h 53m Intermediate
Data Visualization Tips and Trickswith Matt Francis2h 14m Intermediate
DC.js for Data Science Essential Trainingwith Emma Saunders5h 3m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with htmlwidgets
2. Creating Interactive Maps with Leaflet
3. Creating Interactive Charts with Plotly
4. Creating Interactive Charts with Highcharter
5. Creating Interactive Networks with visNetwork
6. Creating Interactive Tables
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.