Clustering is a machine learning technique for unsupervised learning. Learn about its concepts and use cases.
- [Instructor] There may be times … when you run into a really large dataset … with different attributes … and you need to find similarities. … For instance, you want to find similar customers based … on their demographics. … In this situation, you can use something called clustering … which is a machine learning technique … that helps group similar elements based … on their attributes. … Clustering is a great candidate … to use unsupervised learning. … In unsupervised learning, … there is no training dataset with prior classification. … Instead, we group elements based … on similarity of attributes. … There are a number of techniques available … in clustering like k-means clustering … and k-nearest neighbors. … You might be asking what this has to do … with text mining? … Well, when working with return text, … the words in a document become features. … Documents with similar words get grouped together. … Clustering algorithms use only numeric data. … So text data needs to be converted …
- Creating a word cloud
- Analyzing sentiment
- Extracting emotions from text
- Clustering similar entities based on text
- Using classification for supervised learning
- Recommending items to users based on text data analytics
Skill Level Intermediate
Predictive Customer Analyticswith Kumaran Ponnambalam1h 37m Intermediate
1. Word Cloud
2. Sentiment Analysis
5. Predictive Text
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.