Join Martin Hadley for an in-depth discussion in this video Cluster nodes in visNetwork using groups, part of R: Interactive Visualizations with htmlwidgets.
- [Instructor] VisNetwork relies on column names in the…nodes and edges data frame for lots of functionality,…including for grouping nodes together.…Specifically for the group column.…Groups are a really useful feature in visNetwork…visualizations; let's see what we can do with them.…Let's open visNetwork-groups.R.…Let's see what we have here.…On line one and two, we load the tidyverse…and the visNetwork library.…So let's run that code with command enter.…Then on line seven and eight we import…our nodes and our edges.…
Now note this data originally comes from Kaggle.…If your interested in the data processing that this data…went through, you can find all of the code…in the data-raw folder.…Now let's visualize how this network looks…without any groups added.…So I'll type visNetwork got nodes,…got edges.…This is quite a large network and if I used visNetwork's…own layout algorithms, it would take a couple of seconds…to display on screen for me.…
So instead I use visIgraphLayout…and now let's run that code with command enter.…
Start by learning to manage packages and structure data for visualizations with the tidyverse and the pipe operator. Then there is an important question: Which library should you choose? The course introduces five popular options: Leaflet, Plotly, Highcharter, visNetwork, and DataTables (DT). Instructor Martin Hadley shows how to use these libraries to create scattergeo, choropleth, and geolines maps; stacked bar charts, scatter charts, bubble charts, and heat maps; treemaps and time series charts; interactive networks and graphs; and responsive, interactive data tables. Plus, learn how to customize your visualizations with legends and tooltips, and extract click information for Shiny apps.
- Installing htmlwidgets
- Selecting the best htmlwidget
- Creating interactive maps with Leaflet
- Creating interactive charts with Plotly and Highcharter
- Creating interactive networks with visNetwork
- Creating interactive tables with DT
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Interactive Presentations with Shiny and Rwith Martin Hadley1h 53m Intermediate
Data Visualization Tips and Trickswith Matt Francis2h 14m Intermediate
DC.js for Data Science Essential Trainingwith Emma Saunders5h 3m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with htmlwidgets
2. Creating Interactive Maps with Leaflet
3. Creating Interactive Charts with Plotly
4. Creating Interactive Charts with Highcharter
5. Creating Interactive Networks with visNetwork
6. Creating Interactive Tables
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.