Classification is a machine learning technique for supervised learning. Learn about its concepts and use cases.
- Not to be confused with clustering, … classification is another use case for text mining. … Classification is a machine learning technique … for supervised learning. … Recall that clustering is used … for unsupervised learning only. … Its goal is to create classes or entities … that build a model … to identify the class of a specific entity. … Classification algorithms build models … based on a target variable in the data set. … It uses other feature variables … available in the data set to build these models. … The model is used to predict the class of new data. … It predicts the target variable … based on other feature variables available in the new data. … We split the source data into training data and test data, … training data is used to build the model, … and test data is used to test its accuracy. … How can we use classification for text mining? … In text mining, … words in a document become feature variables. … For the purposes of training models, … each document needs to be tagged with a specific class. …
- Creating a word cloud
- Analyzing sentiment
- Extracting emotions from text
- Clustering similar entities based on text
- Using classification for supervised learning
- Recommending items to users based on text data analytics
Skill Level Intermediate
Predictive Customer Analyticswith Kumaran Ponnambalam1h 37m Intermediate
1. Word Cloud
2. Sentiment Analysis
5. Predictive Text
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.