Join Mark Niemann-Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Applying CCF to images, part of Code Clinic: R (2015).
- So let's take a look at how this…actually works with images when everything lines up.…I've created a filed called…whenItWorksitLooksLikeThis.R…and we can step through having two images…and their correlation values.…On line three, we have to install a package called jpeg,…so let's go ahead and do that.…Then on line four, I'll go ahead and pull it into source…using library(jpeg).…Now, line six is setwd,…which is actually set working directory.…
In this case, I know that I'm in the correct folder,…so I don't need to use that command…and I can just skip right by.…Let's start down here with line eight.…What I'm going to be doing is creating two images.…One of them called needle…and one of them called haystack.…Needle is the image we're trying to find.…Haystack is of course the larger image…that we're trying to look inside of and find a subset from.…Line eight just simply reads a JPEG file…into needle.raster,…let's go ahead and do that.…
We can see that in the global environment,…I now have a value called needle.raster…
Mark introduces challenges and then provides an overview of his solutions in R. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: R Studio tells me that it can't find files I expect to be available. Where can I find them?
A: Use the setwd() command to set the working directory to match the folder you're working in.
Q: I am unable to access the Lake Pend Oreille data from outside the U.S.
A: A static copy of this data is provided here for lynda.com members outside of the U.S.
1. Problem One: Statistical Analysis
2. Problem Two: Image Analysis
3. Problem Three: Eight Queens
4. Accessing Peripherals
5. Recursion and Directories
Walking the directory sort code10m 56s
6. Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.