Leaflet has extensive support for legends. Gradient legends are most easily created using RColorBrewer.
- [Instructor] Let's look how to add legends…to Leaflet maps.…We're going to work with three different types of map.…First, a scatter geomap, second a Choropleth…with a continuous color scale,…and thirdly a Choropleth with a categorical scale.…Let's start with a scatter geo first.…So let's load up scattergeo_legend.R.…Let's minimize the environment,…because I don't care to see it for this exercise.…At the top of our script file,…we load the tidyverse library.…We'll run that with Command-Enter.…
This loads the standard libraries from tidyverse.…Then we'll load leaflet,…which is the actual HTML widget we're using…to create our interactive maps.…And we'll hit Command-Enter.…Then on line four we're using read_csv,…from the readr library to import our data…from a CSV file and store it against…the variable capital_cities.…Then, line six through 10 generate me a scatter geo plot.…Let's run that code with Command-Enter,…and we can see I have a world map…with circles where there are capital cities.…
Let's add a legend onto that.…
AuthorMartin John Hadley
Start by learning to manage packages and structure data for visualizations with the tidyverse and the pipe operator. Then there is an important question: Which library should you choose? The course introduces five popular options: Leaflet, Plotly, Highcharter, visNetwork, and DataTables (DT). Instructor Martin Hadley shows how to use these libraries to create scattergeo, choropleth, and geolines maps; stacked bar charts, scatter charts, bubble charts, and heat maps; treemaps and time series charts; interactive networks and graphs; and responsive, interactive data tables. Plus, learn how to customize your visualizations with legends and tooltips, and extract click information for Shiny apps.
- Installing htmlwidgets
- Selecting the best htmlwidget
- Creating interactive maps with Leaflet
- Creating interactive charts with Plotly and Highcharter
- Creating interactive networks with visNetwork
- Creating interactive tables with DT
Skill Level Intermediate
Data Visualization Tips and Trickswith Matt Francis2h 14m Intermediate
DC.js for Data Science Essential Trainingwith Emma Saunders5h 3m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with htmlwidgets
2. Creating Interactive Maps with Leaflet
3. Creating Interactive Charts with Plotly
4. Creating Interactive Charts with Highcharter
5. Creating Interactive Networks with visNetwork
6. Creating Interactive Tables
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.