Join Sally Norred for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding spending account registers, part of Quicken 2014 Essential Training.
…In Quicken, an account register is simply a list…of transactions within an account with an accompanying account balance.…You can think of spending account…registers as a more powerful electronic spreadsheet…version of the paper and pencil transaction…register you might keep with your checkbook.…To open a register for one of your accounts,…click on an account name in the Account Bar.…I'll go ahead and open the register for Jeannie's primary checking account here.…Scroll down to the bottom to see the latest transactions.…As you can see, this is a list…of all the transactions in Jeannie's primary checking account.…
Each deposit and payment made into and out…of this account is listed here, with accompanying detail.…If I scroll up, the very first item in the account is the opening balance.…For Jeannie, her opening balance, or the amount of money that…was in her account when she started recording transactions, is $3,331.73.…You'll notice that along the top are titles of register columns.…These titles describe the detail for each of the transactions.…
- Touring the interface and setting up an Intuit ID
- Understanding account types
- Adding and updating accounts
- Tracking spending
- Searching, sorting, and filtering transactions
- Categorizing transactions and customizing categories
- Reconciling accounts
- Creating and understanding spending reports
- Projecting future balances
- Using Quicken Online Bill Pay
- Creating a budget
- Creating a debt reduction plan and savings goals
- Using the Lifetime Planner and the Tax Center
- Tracking investments
- Viewing your investment portfolio
- Creating and understanding investment reports
- Using the Quicken mobile app
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Touring Quicken
2. Setting Up Accounts
3. Tracking Your Spending
4. Setting Up Bills and Income
5. Planning Your Financial Future
6. Tracking Investments
7. Using the Quicken Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.