Join Sally Norred for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding account types, part of Quicken 2014 Essential Training.
…Quicken allows you to add a variety of account…types for managing your finances and tracking your net worth.…Quicken categorizes your financial accounts into…four categories, spending & savings accounts,…investing and retirement accounts, property and…asset accounts and loan and debt accounts.…Let's review each of these account categories in detail to give a…detailed overview of the account types that are possible to track in Quicken.…Spending and savings accounts are those primary…accounts that you use for every day transactions.…These include bank accounts, such as…checking accounts or savings accounts, credit…card and line of credit accounts, money market accounts or even cash accounts.…
A cash account is exactly what it sounds like.…A place to keep track of any cash that you use for everyday spending.…For many people, tracking these everyday spending…accounts is their primary use of Quicken.…Investing and retirement accounts are those accounts…that you use for your long-term investments.…These include brokerage accounts, 401(k) or…
- Touring the interface and setting up an Intuit ID
- Understanding account types
- Adding and updating accounts
- Tracking spending
- Searching, sorting, and filtering transactions
- Categorizing transactions and customizing categories
- Reconciling accounts
- Creating and understanding spending reports
- Projecting future balances
- Using Quicken Online Bill Pay
- Creating a budget
- Creating a debt reduction plan and savings goals
- Using the Lifetime Planner and the Tax Center
- Tracking investments
- Viewing your investment portfolio
- Creating and understanding investment reports
- Using the Quicken mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Making Investment Decisionswith Rudolph Rosenberg56m 25s Appropriate for all
Financial Literacy: Reading Financial Reportswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 25m Appropriate for all
1. Touring Quicken
2. Setting Up Accounts
3. Tracking Your Spending
4. Setting Up Bills and Income
5. Planning Your Financial Future
6. Tracking Investments
7. Using the Quicken Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.