Join Sally Norred for an in-depth discussion in this video Transferring funds between accounts, part of Quicken 2014 Essential Training.
…When you transfer money between accounts one account…balance increases and the other account balance decreases.…But your net worth remains the same.…Remember, in Quicken there's a category group for transfers.…These include transfers between accounts that you've added to Quicken.…Quicken records a transfer in your transfer from account register…and automatically creates a matching transaction in the transfer to account.…The category field in a transfer…transaction shows the other account involved.…For example, if the current account is the account you're transferring money…from, the category field will display the account you're transferring money to.…
Here's an example.…I'll show that since she's transferring $100 from her savings…account to her checking account, we'll select Transfer, and Jeannie's Checking.…Press Enter on your keyboard, or Save…in that transaction line to save the transaction.…We'll verify that in her checking account, now this…transaction shows as a transfer from her savings account.…
- Touring the interface and setting up an Intuit ID
- Understanding account types
- Adding and updating accounts
- Tracking spending
- Searching, sorting, and filtering transactions
- Categorizing transactions and customizing categories
- Reconciling accounts
- Creating and understanding spending reports
- Projecting future balances
- Using Quicken Online Bill Pay
- Creating a budget
- Creating a debt reduction plan and savings goals
- Using the Lifetime Planner and the Tax Center
- Tracking investments
- Viewing your investment portfolio
- Creating and understanding investment reports
- Using the Quicken mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Making Investment Decisionswith Rudolph Rosenberg56m 25s Appropriate for all
Financial Literacy: Reading Financial Reportswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 25m Appropriate for all
1. Touring Quicken
2. Setting Up Accounts
3. Tracking Your Spending
4. Setting Up Bills and Income
5. Planning Your Financial Future
6. Tracking Investments
7. Using the Quicken Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.