Join Sally Norred for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting upcoming bill reminders, part of Quicken 2014 Essential Training.
…Bill reminders will alert you to upcoming bills…and can help you forecast your future account balances.…When a bill reminder comes due, you can set Quicken…to enter the transaction for you in your register automatically.…Let's talk for a minute about how a bill reminder works.…At startup, Quicken checks for bill reminders that are due…or past due since the last time you used Quicken.…If it finds any, Quicken will display a reminder for you.…As you can see in Jeannie's checking account register, she…has two bill reminders at the bottom of her register.…
She has a cable bill that's due today and…that's marked Due in the left hand Status column.…Since this bill is due today, Quicken has…updated her current balance to reflect this payment.…She also has a homeowner's insurance bill due next week.…That bill is marked Upcoming in the Status column.…And although her current balance is not affected by this bill,…her ending balance shows her balance after this bill is paid.…Let's walk through the process of adding a bill reminder.…
- Touring the interface and setting up an Intuit ID
- Understanding account types
- Adding and updating accounts
- Tracking spending
- Searching, sorting, and filtering transactions
- Categorizing transactions and customizing categories
- Reconciling accounts
- Creating and understanding spending reports
- Projecting future balances
- Using Quicken Online Bill Pay
- Creating a budget
- Creating a debt reduction plan and savings goals
- Using the Lifetime Planner and the Tax Center
- Tracking investments
- Viewing your investment portfolio
- Creating and understanding investment reports
- Using the Quicken mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Making Investment Decisionswith Rudolph Rosenberg56m 25s Appropriate for all
Financial Literacy: Reading Financial Reportswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 25m Appropriate for all
1. Touring Quicken
2. Setting Up Accounts
3. Tracking Your Spending
4. Setting Up Bills and Income
5. Planning Your Financial Future
6. Tracking Investments
7. Using the Quicken Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.