Join Sally Norred for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating and understanding spending reports, part of Quicken 2014 Essential Training.
…Once you've been entering transactions into Quicken for…a few months, you may want to see a…report of your spending in a report format that…you can print out and compare to other reports.…You might want to answer questions like, how much…are you spending on entertainment compared to last year?…How much have you spent for the last 12 months on your phone bill?…Or you may just want to see where your money's going in a highly detailed format.…You can use Quicken's preset reports and graphs to help you better…understand your financial situation, make informed…decisions, and reach your financial goals.…Let's start with an overall spending report.…
I'm going to make a report for Genie showing…her spending by category so far this year.…Click the Spending tab, and click the Reports menu in the upper right corner.…Now, you'll see a lot of different types of report options in this list.…Itemized reports, spending by pay, spending…by category, and you'll see even more…report options besides spending reports by clicking this Little arrow at the bottom.…
- Touring the interface and setting up an Intuit ID
- Understanding account types
- Adding and updating accounts
- Tracking spending
- Searching, sorting, and filtering transactions
- Categorizing transactions and customizing categories
- Reconciling accounts
- Creating and understanding spending reports
- Projecting future balances
- Using Quicken Online Bill Pay
- Creating a budget
- Creating a debt reduction plan and savings goals
- Using the Lifetime Planner and the Tax Center
- Tracking investments
- Viewing your investment portfolio
- Creating and understanding investment reports
- Using the Quicken mobile app
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Touring Quicken
2. Setting Up Accounts
3. Tracking Your Spending
4. Setting Up Bills and Income
5. Planning Your Financial Future
6. Tracking Investments
7. Using the Quicken Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.