Join Sally Norred for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding your first account, part of Quicken 2014 Essential Training.
…The first thing you should do to get started with Quicken,…is to add your primary checking account to your Quicken account register.…Make sure you are connected to the internet on your computer.…Click the Home tab at the top of the Quicken window.…Then, click the big, blue Get Started button…in the section Titled, See Where Your Money Goes.…You'll be prompted to Add your Primary Checking Account.…Quicken has you start by adding your Primary Checking Account because…it's the simplest way to get up and running with Quicken.…If you see the name of your bank, you'll select it from the display list.…If you don't see the name of your bank listed in the list of common banks,…start typing in the full name of the bank you use for your Primary Checking Account.…
When you see your bank's name on the list, click on the name of the bank.…If you cannot find your bank's name, contact your financial institution, and…ask if they are on the list of financial institutions in Quicken.…If not, you can add your bank manually using advanced set up.…
- Touring the interface and setting up an Intuit ID
- Understanding account types
- Adding and updating accounts
- Tracking spending
- Searching, sorting, and filtering transactions
- Categorizing transactions and customizing categories
- Reconciling accounts
- Creating and understanding spending reports
- Projecting future balances
- Using Quicken Online Bill Pay
- Creating a budget
- Creating a debt reduction plan and savings goals
- Using the Lifetime Planner and the Tax Center
- Tracking investments
- Viewing your investment portfolio
- Creating and understanding investment reports
- Using the Quicken mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Touring Quicken
2. Setting Up Accounts
3. Tracking Your Spending
4. Setting Up Bills and Income
5. Planning Your Financial Future
6. Tracking Investments
7. Using the Quicken Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.