Get tips and techniques for recording tricky income, expense, and banking transactions in QuickBooks.
- View Offline
- Hi, I'm Bonnie Biafore. Welcome to Advanced Bookkeeping Techniques. This course is designed to take your Quickbooks skills to a higher level. I kick things off by showing you how to master Quickbooks components, fine tuning your Chart of Accounts, getting the most out of Items, analyzing Job Profitability, and classifying your finances. You'll also see how to record more advanced transactions, like customer pre-payments, consignment sales, and bartering.
This course shows you how to work with credits and refunds. You'll also discover how to troubleshoot your Quickbooks' data. Maybe you need to convert a check you wrote into a bill payment, or you have to handle bounced checks, there's an entire chapter on troubleshooting bank reconciliations. Let's get started with Advanced Bookkeeping Techniques.
- Examining profit and overhead
- Categorizing customers, jobs, and vendors
- Recording customer prepayments, credits, and refunds
- Selling consignment goods
- Handling vendor deposits, credits, and refunds
- Converting checks into bill payments
- Handling bounced checks
- Troubleshooting bank reconciliations